Today, Newhall is one of the most historic communities in the Santa Clarita Valley. With over 48 different housing communities, Newhall is the site of various affordable residential and commercial developments, giving any buyer a variety of properties to choose from. From Condos and Townhomes to large Executive and Ranch Properties. Located close to the 5 and 14 freeways, makes going to work or play an easy commute. Be sure to check out the newly renovated Main Street, complete with wineries, breweries, restaurants, theaters, including the Laemmle, a great independent, foreign and art house cinema, and so much more. Other parks in the Newhall area include the Newhall Park, Old Orchard Park, Emmaus Park, the William S. Hart County Park, and Creekview Park. Enjoy Thursday summer nights during the Senses on Main complete with shopping, cocktails, food and fun for all ages. Saturday Mornings include a Farmers Market right outside the Newhall Library.
Valencia, famous as being a master planned community, is known for it’s villages, all close to schools, shopping, freeways and other amenities. Valencia is known for their parks and paseo system. Enjoy biking, walking, or running utilizing the paseo system, connecting the entire community without having to cross a major intersection. The Paseo network is connecting to the Santa Clarita River Trail which runs east along the Santa Clara River to Canyon Country.
In the master planned community of Valencia in the city of Santa Clarita, California, the residential areas are divided into individual villages, each different from the other. Valencia's villages are the following:
- Alta Vista
- Arbor Park
- Arroyo West
- Belcaro - Senior single-family homes.
- Bridgeport - Cape Cod style single-family and apartments homes surrounding an artificial lake.
- Brighton Village
- Bungalows - Bungalow / cottage style single-family homes.
- Central Valley
- Cheyenne - Small condo style living.
- Copperhill - An area with a mix of single family and apartment homes.
- Creekside - An area specially designed with the first-time home buyer in mind.
- Fairways - Duplex style homes next to the Valencia golf-course.
- Franciscan Hill - Small condo style homes duplicating San Francisco style living.
- Lakeshore - Apartment style homes surrounding a lake. Located close to the Valencia golf-course.
- Las Ventanas
- Mayfair - Detached condominiums, cottage/bungalow style
- North Park - a mix of apartment homes and single-family homes.
- North Valencia
- North Valley
- Northbridge - a large village containing mostly cottage / bungalow style single-family homes (no apartments or condos).
- Northbridge Point - A sequel to Northbridge, the two are next to each other and contain the same type of single-family homes.
- Old Orchard Condos
- Old Orchard I - Valencia's first village, contains single-family homes.
- Old Orchard II - A sequel to Old Orchard, contains single-family homes.
- Old Orchard III - A sequel to Old Orchard, contains single-family homes.
- Orchard Arms - Senior subsidized.
- Portofino - Condo style homes.
- Promenade at Town Center
- Provence - Apartment homes located in the North Park village.
- Riverwalk at Town Center
- River Village- new development currently in construction.
- Rose Arbor
- Santa Fe
- Sienna Villas
- Skycrest - Apartments
- South Valley
- Stone Creek
- Tesoro Village
- Valencia Glen - Single-family homes, located in the Old Orchard area.
- Valencia Hills
- Valencia Racquet Club Homes
- Valencia Villa - Senior subsidized.
- Village Homes North
- Village Walk - Condominiums, builder tagline: "Urban living in a suburban setting"
- Villa Metro - New Community of 315 contemporary Mediterranean styled single-family homes and town homes Near The Santa Clarita Metrolink Station
- Vista Ridge
- Westridge - Containing large, single-family homes, duplexes and a golf-course.
- West Creek / West Hills - large development (West Hills is gated) containing single-family homes and condominiums.
- Woodglen - Apartment homes located near Valencia golf course.
- Woodlands - Gated community with a variety of home sizes and styles near Interstate 5 and Valencia Boulevard
Saugus, one of the four communities that merged to create the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley, offers over 121 different tracts for a buyer to choose from, including Condo’s and Townhomes to large Executive Homes at all price points. Featuring a wide variety of schools, and parks, most notably the Central park. Central park offers, sports courts, a child play area, disc golf, dog park, fitness zone, multi-purpose fields and picnic tables. Get ready to ROCK at the City of Santa Clarita’s Concerts in the Park. Come revel in the sounds of timeless Rock and Roll with friends and family! Pack a picnic, bring your beach chairs and let the music take you away! The event is always free and consists of 8 consecutive Saturday concerts usually running from July to August.
Canyon Country is home to the Placerita Canyon Nature Center, which is also the site of California's original gold discovery at the historic "Oak of the Golden Dream" in 1842. You can find various areas to bike and hike through the hills. Situated off the 14 Freeway, Canyon Country also a community in the Santa Clarita Valley, has over 120 tracts for a buyers choosing. From Condo’s and Townhomes to large Executive homes and Ranch properties there are homes for everyone to suit your needs.
Castaic is an unincorporated community part of Los Angeles County and about 10 -15 miles North of Santa Clarita. Castaic sits at the bottom of the Grapevine. Castaic boasts 52 Communities for a buyer to choose from. A great attraction for Castaic are homes with RV parking or 3 car and sometimes tandem garages, due to its close proximity to Castaic Lake. Castaic Lake is the largest state water project reservoir in Southern California, and contains over 11,200 total acres of parkland and open space habitat. Park gates are open from sunrise to sunset, and admission to the park ends an hour before closing. The Park is open every day of the year, except December 25th (Christmas Day). Park activities include boating, world class fishing, hiking, walking, horseback riding, wakeboarding, jet-skiing, camping, picnicking, kayaking, sailing, plus simply enjoying nature and the great outdoors. Castaic Lake has two bodies of water. Lower lake is for non-power boating and canoeing. Swimming season on lower lake runs from mid-May to mid-September. Upper lake is for sailing, power boating, water and jet skiing, and fishing. The lake is stocked with bass, trout and catfish. Boat rentals and a tackle bait shop are available. Other recreational activities include hiking, biking trails, picnic areas and playgrounds.
If you were a fan of the show weeds, then you have experienced Stevenson Ranch. The opening of the show with the song “Little Boxes” shows the sprawling development. The community of Stevenson Ranch, while located in the Santa Clarita Valley, does not actually fall within the city limits. It is considered an unincorporated area, but it is a master-planned community. Featuring Condos, Townhomes, one and two story homes, Stevenson Ranch has over 40 communities for a buyer to choose from. Stevenson Ranch has approximately 1,000 acres that are set aside for parks, recreation areas and open space. Stevenson Ranch can be considered one of the newer areas of the Santa Clarita Valley. This area back up to an oil-mining town of Mentryville founded in 1875. Stevenson Ranch is home to two award winning California Distinguished and National Blue Ribbon schools. Stevenson Ranch Elementary and Pico Canyon Elementary, both part of the Newhall School District. For Jr High and High Schools, you have Rancho Pico Jr High and West Ranch High School, both a part of the William S. Hart High School. A little fun trivia fact, the names of many of the streets located in Stevenson Ranch are those of famous Authors.